Table of Contents
Subscriptions are not supported with Bitpay at this time. If you intend to sell subscriptions with your FoxyCart store, you will need to make use of another payment gateway.
Setting Up BitPay for FoxyCart
- Generate an API key in BitPay admin.
- Login to your BitPay account.
- Click the “Payment Tools” option.
- Click the “Legacy API Keys”.
- Click “Add New API Key”, and a new key will appear.
- Enter a name for the key, so you know where it's being used. We recommend something like “FoxyCart key for [Your Store Name]”.
- Copy the key you've just created.
- Click “Save Changes”.
- Check the option “Let customers pay with BitPay” at FoxyCart admin.
- Paste your BitPay API key into the appropriate field in FoxyCart admin.
- Test a BitPay checkout to ensure it works as expected.
Obtaining a Test Account
Bitpay doesn't support test accounts.
Troubleshooting & Interpreting Response Codes
Contact BitPay for info. Know more? Feel free to edit this page with info.
Important Notes and Caveats
Possible Action: Datafeed Handling
An BitPay transaction takes time to be confirmed in the blockchain, so at the time we process the initial transaction, we don't know if it was approved or not. To handle this, transactions are initially marked as pending, and when we get a confirmation from BitPay on the result of the transaction, we update it accordingly. Each time the status changes, a datafeed will be sent to your endpoint if configured with the transaction details and the status node will be present.
The status node can contain one of three different values:
rejected. Depending on the types of actions you're needing to perform at your datafeed endpoint, you need to make sure the appropriate status value is present.
User Notes and Experiences
If you have tips, experience, or helpful notes related to this gateway that would benefit others, please add them below, including your name and the date. We reserve the right to edit or remove comments that don't add value to this page.