Table of Contents
- Purchase Orders (offline)
- AF, AX, AL, DZ, AS, AD, AO, AI, AQ, AG, AR, AM, AW, AU, AT, AZ, BS, BH, BD, BB, BY, BE, BZ, BJ, BM, BT, BO, BA, BW, BV, BR, IO, BN, BG, BF, BI, KH, CM, CA, CV, KY, CF, TD, CL, CN, CX, CC, CO, KM, CG, CD, CK, CR, CI, HR, CU, CY, CZ, DK, DJ, DM, DO, EC, EG, SV, GQ, ER, EE, ET, FK, FO, FJ, FI, FR, GF, PF, TF, GA, GM, GE, DE, GH, GI, GR, GL, GD, GP, GU, GT, GN, GW, GY, HT, HM, VA, HN, HK, HU, IS, IN, ID, IR, IQ, IE, IM, IL, IT, JM, JP, JO, KZ, KE, KI, KP, KR, KW, KG, LA, LV, LB, LS, LR, LY, LI, LT, LU, MO, MK, MG, MW, MY, MV, ML, MT, MH, MQ, MR, MU, YT, MX, FM, MD, MC, MN, MS, MA, MZ, MM, NA, NR, NP, NL, AN, NC, NZ, NI, NE, NG, NU, NF, MP, NO, OM, PK, PW, PS, PA, PG, PY, PE, PH, PN, PL, PT, PR, QA, RE, RO, RU, RW, SH, KN, LC, PM, VC, WS, SM, ST, SA, SN, CS, SC, SL, SG, SK, SI, SB, SO, ZA, GS, ES, LK, SD, SR, SJ, SZ, SE, CH, SY, TW, TJ, TZ, TH, TL, TG, TK, TO, TT, TN, TR, TM, TC, TV, UG, UA, AE, GB, US, UM, UY, UZ, VU, VE, VN, VG, VI, WF, EH, YE, ZM, ZW
About Purchase Orders with FoxyCart
To enable Purchase Orders as a payment method simply check the box on your “payments” page in your FoxyCart admin.
Using the “Purchase Order” payment method allows you to have a required (but otherwise “open” input, in that there is no additional validation) field on your checkout. This can be used for customers to enter Purchase Order #s generated in another system, or for any other sort of atypical payment approach.
Because all the customer-facing language strings in FoxyCart are editable you could easily change this PO field to read, “Digital Signature” or anything else, which allows a bit more flexibility. You could also hide this field entirely and populate it with a value from the FoxyCart JSON (an affiliate ID, perhaps), allowing an order without an online payment method.
Testing is done through FoxyCart. There are no special requirements. Simple leave your “payments” section in test mode and process orders using any PO value you'd like.
Important Notes and Caveats
- The Purchase Order field is required to be non-empty, so while there is no validation, it cannot be empty.
- An active FoxyCart subscription is required in order to access and use the Purchase Order option.
- Downloadable products paid for by a Purchase Order won't send download links to customers. You will need to manually send them the download links for their purchase.
User Notes and Experiences
If you have tips, experience, or helpful notes related to this gateway that would benefit others, please add them below, including your name and the date. We reserve the right to edit or remove comments that don't add value to this page.