Table of Contents
- Viva Wallet
Subscriptions are not supported with Viva Wallet at this time. If you intend to sell subscriptions with your FoxyCart store, you will need to make use of another payment gateway.
Setting Up Viva Wallet for FoxyCart
Viva Wallet can be enabled for your Foxy store from the “payment” page in the Foxy administration. Enable the “Accept payments using your Viva Wallet Smart Checkout account” checkbox on the page. The credentials needed can be accessed by following these steps:
- Log in to the Viva Wallet administration and select your specific wallet
- In the left hand menu, select “Settings” > “API Access”
- Under “Access Credentials” you'll see the “Merchant ID” and “API Key”. These can be copied into the fields with the same name in the Foxy administration “payment” settings page.
- Under “Smart Checkout Credentials” you can also generate the “Client ID” and “Secret ID” needed for the fields of the same name on the Foxy “payment” settings page. Note that the secret will only be shown once so ensure you copy it before proceeding. If needed, a new ID and Secret pair can be generated from the same section.
- In the left hand menu, select “Sales” > “Online Payments” > “Websites/Apps”
- Click the “Add Website/App” button on the page
- In the panel that appears, a “Code” will be automatically set - which you can leave as is.
- Set a “Source Name” (just an internal identifier for your reference) and select a “Linked account” as necessary.
- Set the “Protocol” to “HTTPS” and enter your Foxy store subdomain in the “Domain Name” (like
mystore.foxycart.comif you're using a Foxy subdomain, or your custom subdomain if you're using one)
- For the integration method, select “Redirection/Native Checkout v2”
- For the “Success URL”, set it to
- For the “Failure URL”, set it to
- Complete the checkboxes at the bottom of the form and save.
- Once saved, you can then copy the “Code” for your newly created Website/App as the “Source Code” in the Foxy payment settings.
Create a webhook
- After you've saved the Viva Wallet values into the Foxy admin, go back to the “Settings” > “API Access” page in Viva Wallet and go to the “Webhooks” tab. Click the “Create Webhook” link.
- In the “URL”, you need to enter your store's IPN URL to be
https://YOUR-FOXYCART-STORE-DOMAIN/ipn.php- changing it to match your own FoxyCart store domain. For example, if your FoxyCart store domain was
example.foxycart.com, you would set the URL to be
https://example.foxycart.com/ipn.php. If it was a custom subdomain like
secure.example.comthe URL would be
- Click the “Verify” link to the right of the URL text input to confirm it is entered correctly.
- Check the “Active” checkbox
- Set the type to “Transaction Payment Created”
- Click the “Save” button.
Obtaining a Test Account
A test account can be created via the Viva Wallet sandbox system at demo.vivapayments.com
Test Card Numbers
A collection of test cards can be seen on the Viva Wallet documentation here.
Troubleshooting & Interpreting Response Codes
Contact Viva Wallet for info. Know more? Feel free to edit this page with info.
Important Notes and Caveats
User Notes and Experiences
If you have tips, experience, or helpful notes related to this gateway that would benefit others, please add them below, including your name and the date. We reserve the right to edit or remove comments that don't add value to this page.