Table of Contents
- Host your downloadable products on your own server. Emails are sent out to your customers using the FoxyCart XML. Highly flexible.
Self-Hosted Downloadable Products
Please note: The code on this page is submitted by members of the FoxyCart community, and may not verified by FoxyCart.com LLC in any way, shape, or form. Please double check the code before installing. If you need help with it please post in our forum, but if we cannot offer assistance (due to unfamiliarity with this particular system or language) we apologize in advance.
This application is intended to extend/interface with the FoxyCart! e-commerce platform. It allows clients to purchase downloadable products (such as software) through FoxyCart and yet host and manage those products on their own server or Amazon S3. The client is emailed a unique, secure download link which will provide them with their purchased file.
Downloads can be restricted with an expiration date or maximum number of downloads. The products and downloads are managed via a MySQL database. Files are stored and downloaded from the file system or Amazon S3. It is also capable of storing in the database but file system is recommended.
If you get an occasional error like:
- Unable to unarchive…into “Downloads”. (Error 1 Operation not permitted).
- access denied, no files in folder
- Unexpected end of archive
You may need to turn off the output compression. You can do this in your php.ini or by putting this at the top of download.php:
- FoxyCart Self-Hosted Downloads, v0.3.3, code cleanup
- FoxyCart Self-Hosted Downloads, v0.3.2, added phpMailer and external SMTP
- FoxyCart Self-Hosted Downloads, v0.3.1, added support for products filtered by FoxyCart category and Amazon S3 folder download
- FoxyCart Self-Hosted Downloads, v0.3.0, added support for files served from Amazon S3
- FoxyCart Self-Hosted Downloads, v0.2.0, files stored as files in the filesystem
- FoxyCart Self-Hosted Downloads, v0.1.0, files stored as blobs in the database