FedEx Account Setup
Please note: if you are trying to compare FedEx rates returned from FoxyCart with those on FedEx.com, they will not match unless you login to FedEx.com. When using the web services API or when you login with an existing account, an “automation discount” is always applied to the rate. There's nothing we can do about it. So even if you don't follow the steps below (which we recommend you do), you should at the very least create an account at FedEx.com if you want to compare rates.
Do you really need four separate pieces of information to get rate requests from FedEx? Yes. Really. We know. Crazy. So where do you get them?
Please note that FedEx may change their systems, so if anything here seems wrong please let us know or edit this page yourself if you so desire. While FoxyCart attempts to ensure all documentation is up to date, we aren't setting up FedEx accounts every day, so we aren't always aware when things change.
- Visit FedEx, select your country if so prompted, and find the “New Customer Center” link.
- Set up an account if you need. Login.
- Once your account is set up, go to the Developer Resource Center.
- Click the “Developer Solutions” link in the first box.
- Under “Developer Solutions”, at the bottom of the table on the left hand column is “Technical Resources” … to the right of it choose “Access FedEx Web Services for Shipping Technical Resources ”.
- Find the “Move to Production” link and click it.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click the “Obtain Production Key” link.
- Complete the questionnaire.
- Do you intend to resell your software? No
- Please check the box next to each type of FedEx web services you intend to use in your integration solution: Select FedEx Web Services for Shipping (includes Rate, Track, etc.)
- Please indicate whether you are developing your FedEx integration solution as a Corporate Developer or as a Consultant. Select Corporate Developer
- Click Continue
- Click Accept to the License Agreement
- Fill out the entire Contact Info form and Continue. You will need your FedEx shipping Account Number which you can find by logging in to FedEx.com and navigating to Your Profile (perhaps in a new tab, at this point).
- Change any relevant information on the Developer Info and click Continue.
- Copy down the Authentication Key and Meter Number. That's what you're after.
- You will receive an email from FedEx to the address you set up for the Corporate Developer. That email contains your “Production Password” - copy that too, you'll need that for the next step.
- From there, go to the Shipping page in your FoxyCart admin, check the checkbox under FedEx to “use my shipping account”, and enter all your information.
International Shipment Services
Important If you are shipping internationally from the United States with FedEx, you should have both “International Economy” and “International Ground” selected. Ground is used for Canadian/Mexico and Economy is used for overseas shipments. If you only select one option, you won't be able to return rates for some countries.