Table of Contents
Templates, Caching, and Template Customization with HTML + CSS
FoxyCart's templates are beautiful and responsive out of the box with the new default templates available in 2.0. Paired with the new template configuration, you can even customise the templates without having to touch a single line of code.
Under the hood though, we make use of some standards and systems that make the templates extremely flexible and customizable, so that if you need, you can alter the raw markup of the page to suite your needs.
Take a look at the sections below depending on your needs to dig further into working with FoxyCart's templates.
Adding your own logo
You can set your store logo in the Settings tab of your FoxyCart Store's Admin. There, you can add the url for your store's logo to the “logo url” field. We'll also securely cache your logo from that URL to ensure it and your templates are served securely.
If you don't already have a copy of your logo someplace online, an alternate option is to add the logo to a Dropbox folder, then follow these steps:
- Use the share link to get the link to your image.
- When loaded in your browser, you should see only your image and nothing else. Copy the URL as it currently is set in your browser, it will be slightly different than you pasted previously.
- Paste the updated URL as the store logo in your FoxyCart administration
As an example, your share URL might be
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggq5g1qpvonh0/My%20Logo.jpg?dl=0, and after updating it would be something like
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ggq5g1qpvonh0/My%20Logo.jpg?dl=0. That's an easy and free way to get your logo hosted someplace that we can access it from.
Other Common Customizations
FoxyCart supports many common template customizations from the Template Configuration page in the admin. You can configure:
- Guest checkout settings (forcing guest, forcing account, allowing both but defaulting to one or the other).
- Adding a Terms of Service (TOS) checkbox and link.
- Newsletter opt-in checkbox.
- Color settings to control the major color styles on the cart, checkout and receipt.
- Product option hiding. (Hide weight, code, category, or all options.)
- Customize what credit card's you support. (If you don't accept AmEx, uncheck that box. Note that this only changes the display, not what your payment gateway actually accepts.)
- Credit card security code requirements. (Required, optional, etc.)
- Change what billing checkout fields are required and displayed. (Don't collect the address info if you aren't shipping. Require a phone field. Etc.) Note: If you have shippable products present in the cart, the complete shipping address is always require.
- Add custom content (HTML, JS) to your templates, for custom styles, tracking codes or custom fields on your checkout.
- Enable debug logging to your browsers console.
- Loading of the receipt over SSL.
- Shipping and billing country/region whitelisting/blacklisting. If you only want to accept customers or to ship to certain countries, you can do that here.
Minor Styling Customizations