UPS Account Setup for FoxyCart
In order to use your UPS account with FoxyCart to obtain your negotiated rate you will need to enter four distinct pieces of information in your FoxyCart admin:
- user id
- production password
- production account number
- production access key
To get these IDs and passwords you will need to complete a few steps if you haven't already. First, you'll need to register with MyUPS.com:
- Access the UPS.com web site at http://www.ups.com and click the “Login” link in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- Click on the “Register” link.
- Follow the prompts to complete the registration process.
To add your UPS account number to your UPS.com profile, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to the UPS.com site (http://www.ups.com) using your UPS.com user ID and password.
- Click the “Manage My UPS” link on the “My UPS” tab.
- Click on the “Account Summary” link.
- Click on the “Add a UPS Account” link and follow the instructions to add your UPS account number to your My UPS profile.
Note: As part of this process you may be asked to enter the following information which is located on one of your last three Delivery Service Invoices or an International Package Services Invoice received within the last 45 days:
- Invoice Number
- Charges/Amount Due This Period
- Invoice Date
- Control ID
To request a UPS Developers Kit Access Key once you have registered, please follow these steps:
- Browse to www.ups.com.
- Click on the “Support” tab.
- In the “Browse by Topic” section, click on “UPS Developer Kit.”
- Click on “UPS Developer Kit” in the Technology menu.
- Click on “Request an access key” in the “How to Get Started” section (Additional contact information may be required).
- Click on the [Request Access Key] button.
Once you've completed the UPS registration and entered all the necessary information in your FoxyCart admin under your UPS shipping settings you'll need to contact your UPS Account Manager and ask them to enable your My UPS User Id for Account Based Rates / Negotiated Rates. If they do not know your UPS Account Manager you may dial 1-800-PICK-UPS for customer assistance or you can try calling tech support directly at 877-289-6418. Within 24 hours of your account being verified (they'll need info from your bill), you should show up in their system as “Approved”. At that point the rep can check the “Authorized” radio button so your account can view rates through the UPS Development Kit. Once you're both “Approved” and “Authorized” in UPS's Registration Services system, you should be all set, you just need to…
- Test. Try running a transaction through to your FoxyCart checkout and see what rates you get returned. Remove your info from the FoxyCart admin and save, then try again and see if the rates differ. Put your info back, save, and test again.
- Test again. Try different countries and shipping methods.
- Test one more time, just to be sure it's working as expected. (We're big big fans of testing at FoxyCart, if you haven't figure that out.)
- If you're still not seeing what you expect, please contact your UPS representative first and ensure your account number has been linked up to your User ID and that the access has been granted as expected.
Help and Questions
Try this thread on our forum for help.